This page was last updated on
Prof. Sullivan's Math 109 Webpage
Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry
The final exam is Tuesday, December 12 from 10:10 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. in Ag 170.
- Instructor: Prof. Sullivan
- Office: 465 Neckers (Satellite View)
- Phone: 453-6517
- Office Hours:
- Class time & location: MWF, 10:00-10:50 a.m. in Engineering A 322
- Textbook: Algebra and Trigonometry with Analytic Geometry,
10th Ed., by Swokowski & Cole. You do not need a CD of any other
supplemental materials. If any are bundled to your textbook, ask the
bookstore to remove them and give you a lower price.
If you want to get an early start,...
Some optional reading
Trigonomtery in the News!
Can Math Settle a Fight over Fish Size?
From National Public Radio, Weekend Edition, Saturday, August 12, 2006.
The National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame wants to resolve a dispute over the size of a fish hailed since 1949 as a world-record holder. Three photos and geometry techniques may establish the actual length of the Muskie. Stanford professor Keith Devlin, Weekend Edition math expert, tells Scott Simon how math might resolve the quarrel.
- Watch out villains! The police are studying trigonomety!
Study hard and have a great semester!