This page was last updated on
Prof. Sullivan's Website
Math 251 - Calculus III
- Solutions to Test 3
- Solutions to Test 2
- Area with Green's Theorem Example [Optional, goes with 13.4]
- Law of the Lever
- Rough Lecture Notes for Section 12.4
- NEW! Double Integral done by computer example.
- NEW! Lagrange Multipliers Example: Notes, Video, Static Images.
- Test 1 Answers.
- Curvature Animation of osculating circle for an ellipse.
- Video on Tangent Planes. (18 min, 16 sec) Text for video. Graphic for video.
- Thinking about multivariable functions [Kahn Academy, Optional Viewing]
- Cross Product Parallelogram Theorem [Goes with 10.4, Optional Reading]
- Lines and Planes [Goes with Section 10.5]
- Maple Computer Examples
- Maxima Computer Examples
- Frenet-Serret formulas and Torsion [Goes with Section 10.8, Optional Reading]
- Second Derivative Test in n variables, by Brian D. Sittinger [Goes with Section 11.7, Optional Reading]
- Finding Vector Potentials, [Goes with Section 13.5, Optional Reading]
- Vector Calculus Differential Identities [Goes with Chapter 13]
- Vector Calculus Summary with Examples [Goes with Chapter 13]
- Mixed 3D Examples [Goes with Chapter 13]
- Two Good Books
Test 1 is on 9/19. It covers sections 10.1-11.3.
Test 2 is on 10/24. It covers sections 11.4-12.4.
Test 3 is on 11/30. It covers sections 12.5-13.9
Final Exam Tuesday, December 11, 8-10 AM in Ag 168.
For the final this formula sheet will be included: Formula Sheet.
Tutoring Links for Math 251
Note: Sadly, few of the tutors are qualified to tutor Math 251.
Check with the Math and Engineering offices to find out if and when a tutor for
Math 251 will be on duty.
- Department of Mathematics: Tutoring Schedule
- College of Engineering: Check with the Engineering Office.
Good luck and have a great semester!